There are 4 Zoom channels, when time comes for the class or event you want to attend click on the link below corresponding to the channel you want. If the channel has breakout rooms, you will be able to select which one you would like to join (example: 3A vs 3B).
- Channel 1 – Social Hangout Spot, feel free to join in to socialize
- Morning: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Afternoon: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Channel 2 – Bardic Channel
- Channel 3 – Main Class Channel
- Channel 4 – Overflow classes and A&S Fair breakout rooms
- Royal Court Livestream – Opens at 12:30pm
Class Schedule – LINK
If you are an instructor who would like to teach a class at Ex Opus, please contact Lord Nishigori Mitsumune at email@example.com. We would be happy to work with any and all instructors.
Class Descriptions and Handouts
- The Period Polyglot: Italian for Bards Who Don’t Speak Italian – HL Enise bint Oghuz
- Language for bards. 1 hour class, 30 minutes for pronunciation, 30 minutes to learn a song.
- ³ilm al- Ḥurūf – Islamic Talismans and the Science of Letters – Nishigori Mitsumune
- Come learn how to design your very own talisman by using the power inherent within Arabic letters. Historical background, theory, and step by step guide to constructing a personalized magic square.
- Capture and Release: Excerpts of the Shahnameh – Lady Rudaba al-Nahdiya (Kingdom of the West)
In celebration of our survival in this pandemic, come listen to Rudaba read a section of Persian mytho-history. The tales from the 11th century Iranian Shahnameh will be largely covering the Seven Labors of Rostam.
- Russian Folk Demonology – Varvara Laska doch’ Koudelka
- Learn about the beliefs Russians held about creatures inhabiting their farms, fields, rivers, and forests
- Russian Mythological Creatures – Varvara Laska doch’ Koudelka
- Who is who of Russian fairy tales
- Intermediate Aleppo Soap Making Using a Lye calculator – Countess Ennelynne von Hessen
- This class teaches how to use a soap lye calculator and sap values in relation to the soap you are making in modern techniques with period insight and ingredients.
- The Italian Perspective: Italian Medieval/Renaissance world view and mindset – HL Mirendil of Alardas
- The Italian Perspective: the Italian medieval/Renaissance world view and mindset, with a particular focus on the Decameron. (Note: it won’t matter whether you’ve read the book or not, although it will make the discussion livelier.)
- Fiber and Fabric Fundamentals – HL Mirendil of Alardas
- What’s what, when and how, but especially why and wherefore. Identification and characteristics of fibers and weaves, plus their best (and worst) uses. (aka “what is Samite anyway?”)
- Zen and the Art of Cave Dwelling: A not zen introduction – Don Agustín de León
- Basic Deconstructing of Linear Knotwork – HL Augustine Winter
- Bastarda 1450 – HL Ian the Green (Ansteorra)
- Pyrography 102 – Lord Guillermo de Cervantes
- This is an intermediate course in which some techniques are shown using period tools and methods.
- This is a static (pre-recorded) class. A video will be played for attendants in the Zoom channel, a YouTube link will also be available.
- Knight’s Roundtable – Sir Mittion von Weald, Sir Maxymyllyn, Sir Daniel von Hessen
- Q&A session with three of the Kingdom’s knights
- Hosted live from a fighter practice